- Updated On:
- September 18, 2021
The farm is located near San Vito. It has good access roads, internal and external, the total area of the farm is 5.5 hectares: in production of gourmet coffee The temperature of this region is very nice. Lots of expats living in San Vito and is located about 23 Km of distance. Under these conditions, the coffee bean is characterized by its great nutty flavor. Produced in a significant elevation and a late ripening, this coffee is recognized worldwide as some of the best quality coffee. The collection comprises a period of four months, from November to February, coincides with the dry season, which allows uniform and high quality fruit ripening. It also facilitates the use of the sun for proper drying of coffee. This estate coffee is marketed under the brand “Café Oso Farms Coffee and well known internationally, the sale would come with export license for coffee from ICAFE and agricultural export license from PROCOMER. Proprietary instructions on how to make organic fertilizer from micro-organisms found in the rainforest substrata and how to use it. The first property is 5.5 ha of mostly coffee.
· Top rating coffee
· Pig housing structure with a waste storage container set up to harvest methane gas for fuel/cooking.
· Near the national park “La Amistad”.
· Very fertile soil.
· Oso Farms logos and brands with thousands of empty bags ready for use.
· Excellent grade coffee with consistent cup ratings between 84-86 over the last 3 years.
· New plants each year of about .5 hectares per year.
· 4 fish ponds. 3 fed by natural spring water plus 1 starter pond with a greenhouse enclosure fed by 2,500-liter water tank.
· 3 raised African drying beds for coffee, sun dried.
· Clear pasture area for cows, horses or to plant more coffee.
· One rustic 3-bedroom house where the farm manager and his family currently live. We believe they would be willing to stay and operate the farm under new ownership.
· 2nd house used for pickers during harvest season.
· One Isuzu Rodeo work vehicle.
· Various crops including yucca, corn, pineapples, etc.
· Recently replaced power lines, pole and meter.
· A supply of milled wood in different cuts and length.
· Concrete runners entering the property.
Much of the farm is on all sides of a hill so there is a nice view all around with no visible neighbors close by and no chance for run-off from higher properties. It is within sight of the largest national park and rainforest in Costa Rica.
We also have 16 hectares of raw land covered mostly with pine trees for sale.